NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF WEDDING CAR PROFESSIONALS
Adopted at the 2013 AGM held in the City of Leicester
with all subsequent amendments included
- 1. General
- 1.1 Members will serve their clients safely, reliably, efficiently and lawfully, providing the highest quality of activity in all aspects of the service they provide.
- 1.2 Members will respect client confidentiality, and where records are kept, should ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act of 1998 where applicable.
- 1.3 Members will issue appropriate documentation i.e. invoices, receipts and contracts to clients, relevant to the services provided. Members will publish on web-sites or make available to clients copies of vehicle documentation, namely insurance certificates and MoT’s if so requested.
- 2. Vehicles
- 2.1 Members should maintain their wedding cars to the highest level of serviceability at all times with an annual MoT being conducted on hire vehicles over 3 years old, with advisories normally being acted upon within a period of 30 days. Pre 1960 vehicles should be maintained such that they are always at a standard comparable with that required to pass the UK MoT test. Consequently, although not required by law, it is strongly recommended that all pre-1960s vehicles available for hire are MoT’d annually.*
- 2.2 Members will ensure the highest level of internal and external presentation of their vehicles at all times.
- 2.3 Members will ensure that their vehicles meet all the expectations of their clients by discussing each client’s requirements in detail when a booking is made and again just prior to the day of hire.
- 3. Operation
- 3.1 Members will encourage and make available the time and facilities for prospective clients to view their wedding cars prior to a booking being made.
- 3.2 Members will develop and provide details of the operation of their wedding cars for prospective clients including contingency plans in the event of a vehicle being un-serviceable.
- 3.3 Members will explain and provide prospective clients with written details of the Terms of Hire prior to a booking being confirmed.
- 3.4 Members will to the best of their ability and commensurate with the capability of the wedding car ensure that provision is made for the infirm and disabled to travel safely in the car.
- 3.5 Members will comply fully with the regulations governing the carriage of children in cars.
- 3.6 Members will comply fully with all regulations governing the use of motor vehicles on the public highway.
- 4. Personnel
- 4.1 Members will be competent in all aspects of their profession and be able to supply references to the prospective clients if requested.
- 4.2 Members will ensure that the chauffeurs of their wedding cars are properly DVLA licensed, insured, trained and competent in the operation of the selected wedding car.
- 4.3 The member will ensure the highest level of presentation of their chauffeurs at all times.
- 5. Safety
- 5.1 Members will develop a Safety Policy for their business covering all aspects of safety for the chauffeur, passengers, guests and members of the general public in the vicinity of the wedding venue at which their wedding cars will operate. The policy development should include the development of risk assessment for all aspects of the wedding car operation.
- 5.2 Members will ensure that their chauffeurs comply fully with all UK road and traffic laws and regulations at all times.
* It is believed that providing an assurance to clients that hire vehicles are maintained to an appropriate standard by the issue of an MoT is good for business and provides a competitive edge over those businesses not able to provide the same proof. Furthermore, by appropriately maintaining their hire vehicles and obtaining proof of serviceability by the issue of an MoT certificate, proprietors, insurance companies and clients can be satisfied that everything within the power of the owner has been done to mitigate against the risks associated with carrying members of the public in a pre-1960s vehicle.